|Employer:||SUNY Fredonia FCU|
Fredonia - Chautauqua County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Benefits:||Competitive hourly wages; Paid leave provisions including sick, personal, vacation and holiday leave; Retirement plan with employer contributions.|
|The Member Service Representative (MSR) / Loan Officer reports to the management team and assists in carrying out the mission of the Credit Union. The MSR shall work to ensure that the day-to-day needs of the credit union members are met on a timely basis and in a professional friendly manner. The Credit Union is open Monday – Friday. This position would be scheduled to work approximately 35-38 hours per week. |
|• Assist members with their financial transactions such as opening and closing accounts, deposits, withdrawals, transfers, loan payments, money orders, printing corporate checks, etc.|
• Properly complete all necessary paperwork involving member transactions in addition to payroll deduction, change of address forms, IRA’s, debit card orders, stop payments, wire transfers, etc.
• Clerical duties such as answering phones, filing, faxing, copying and scanning.
• Suggest financial products by answering inquiries; informing members of new services and product promotions; ascertaining members' needs.
• Perform account maintenance for members who want to change their banking products.
• Ensure all cash handling procedures are followed as outlined by policy and procedure; perform daily accurate cash and deposit balancing.
• Process, research, and/or resolve member requests in person or via phone, e-mail, or mail.
• Answer questions regarding ATM/debit cards.
• Take and review applications for consumer loan business. Explain loan programs and advise members of loan options and requirements.
• Analyze member financial condition to include credit history, credit score, debt to income ratio, collateral, and other financial information to assess the degree of risk and the member’s ability to repay the loan. Make decisions within loan approval authority or forward the loan request to higher levels for decision.
• Complete or direct completion of all loan documents. Ensure documentation is complete and accurate. Complete required reports and records. Meet with member to explain terms and conditions and close the loan.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable Federal, State and Credit Union regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Maintain member confidence and protect credit union operations by keeping information confidential.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing other job duties as needed.
|Our small but growing credit union needs a detail-oriented MSR/Loan Officer to join our staff. We are looking for a self-starter who can take the initiative when responding to member concerns. The ideal candidate will have a friendly personality, a head for numbers and exhibit exemplary organizational, problem-solving and communication skills. He or she should understand the roles that credit unions serve in the community and have a customer-focused attitude. 1+ years’ bank or credit union experience preferred or experience with customer service, consumer loan processing and cash handling. Candidates with Microsoft Office knowledge welcome as well as the ability to learn banking equipment and software quickly. |