|Employer:||Capital Communications FCU|
Albany - Albany County|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Work for a fun, professional organization that values hard work and dedication to meeting team goals! CAP COM Financial Services, LLC, a subsidiary of CAP COM Federal Credit Union, is currently seeking full and part time Seasonal Tax Preparers for the 2020 tax season, which runs from January to mid-April. |
Ideal candidates will have three or more years of experience in tax return preparation. Additionally, they will possess a working knowledge of tax law and theory, be familiar with forms 1040 & 1041, and have prepared a minimum of 200 personal income tax returns.
|• Provide federal and state income tax preparation services for clients of the firm.|
• Offer tax planning solutions for particular client needs as appropriate.
• Prepare client tax projections for the upcoming year to help clients better plan their decisions and financial position.
• Provide a high level of customer service that continues to contribute toward the client’s retention and relationship with CCFS.
• Meet directly with client to go over their returns, answer questions, and provide a summary so they properly understand their tax position.
• Maintain current knowledge of CCFS and Credit Union products and services so that appropriate client referrals can be made.
• Review tax returns prepared by other CCFS professionals.
• Maintain confidentiality of client files.
|• Bachelor’s degree and minimum of three (3) years experience in professional income tax preparation in private practice. |
• CPA License or Enrolled Agent preferred, but not required.
• Current with continuing education in the tax field; Participation in the IRS Annual Filing Season Program.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel in addition to tax software and research tools – knowledge of Drake software is a plus!
• Outstanding customer service capability; effective verbal and written skills to articulate complex issues.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail/accuracy.
• Professional presence and experience with active participation in client meetings and the ability to maintain office ethics and confidentiality.
• Ability to effectively handle multiple simultaneous projects.
• Must be technologically savvy and be able to master new technologies within a short period of time.
• Must possess a Preparer Tax Identification Number (PTIN).
If you meet the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please send your resume, with a cover letter & salary requirements to: https://www.capcomfcu.org/careers
For reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and recruitment process, please contact:
Graig Carbino, Manager of Human Resources
Office Phone: 518-458-2195 x4400
Mailing Address: 4 Winners Circle, Albany, NY 12205
CAP COM is consistently voted Best in Service and one of the Best Places to Work in the Capital Region.
Equal Opportunity Employer, race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation