|Employer:||Capital Communications FCU|
Albany - County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Make a smart move, feel empowered, and be part of something different. CAP COM Federal Credit Union can help you advance your career, enjoy a team environment and provide access to great employee benefits. CAP COM is consistently voted Best in Service and one of the Best Places to Work in the Capital Region.
We are currently seeking a Mortgage Loan Support Specialist to facilitate administrative aspects of the home lending process and provide support within the Mortgage Origination team. Interact as needed with members and business partners in a manner consistent with the Credit union’s Top 10 GUSTO Service Attributes.
|ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist in loan originations area including handling new loans and maintaining existing loans.
- Maintain basic knowledge of Credit Union policies and products, including all mortgage products.
- Remain current and comply with all Credit Union and CCFCU Funding policies and procedures.
- Listen effectively to member needs and recognize opportunities to cross sell credit union products and services.
- Follow up on appraisals/ title reports.
- Review loan applications to confirm accuracy of names, addresses, social security numbers, and other key data points.
- Consistent contact with borrowers to set expectations for the process and to facilitate the collection of necessary documents.
- Obtain and validate AUS findings to obtain required documents.
- Complete final file review prior to processing submission.
- Complete necessary steps to submit new loans for processing
- Perform tasks timely and accurately with limited or no follow up required by others.
- Recommend ideas for more efficient processes.
- Attend networking events with Mortgage Loan Originators.
- Assist Originations team with sending mortgage disclosures and ordering appraisals.
- Ability to review supporting income documentation, purchase contracts and appraisal reports.
- High School diploma or GED, Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of mortgage processing/support experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel; basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with the ability to learn other software applications.
- Basic knowledge of FHLMC or FNMA Seller /Servicer Guide.
- Possess knowledge of compliance guidelines and how they relate to loan disclosures.
- Possess thorough understanding of LOS with ability to complete all screens accurately.
- Possess basic understanding of Loan Prospector and Desktop Underwriter AUS.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Strong oral, written and auditory communication skills.
- Strong math skills with the ability to solve problems.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Strong multi-tasking and project planning skills.
- Self-motivated with strong initiative and the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
CAP COM Federal Credit Union is a professional and fun organization offering quality benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and 401(k) with generous profit sharing/matching contributions.
If you meet the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please apply online by clicking here:
For reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and recruitment process, please contact:
Graig Carbino, Manager of Human Resources
Office Phone: 518-458-2195 x4400
Mailing Address: 4 Winners Circle, Albany, NY 12205
Equal Opportunity Employer, race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation