|Employer:||Capital Communications FCU|
Albany - County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Make a smart move, feel empowered, and be part of something different. CAP COM Federal Credit Union can help you advance your career, enjoy a team environment and provide access to great employee benefits. CAP COM is consistently voted Best in Service and one of the Best Places to Work in the Capital Region.
We are currently seeking a Mortgage Loan Processor to facilitate administrative aspects of the home lending process up to mortgage closing. Interact as needed with members and business partners in a manner consistent with the Credit union’s Top 10 GUSTO Service Attributes.
|ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Review loan applications to confirm accuracy of names, addresses, social security numbers, and other key data points
- Consistent contact with borrowers to set expectations for the process and to facilitate the collection of necessary documentation
- Consistent contact with borrowers to ensure all outstanding conditions are obtained in a timely manner
- Order title insurance when applicable
- Obtain AUS findings as needed
- Track HMDA reporting screens
- Answer phone and respond to basic questions; Follow up on appraisals/ title reports
- Possess thorough understanding of LOS with ability to complete all screens accurately
- Possess basic understanding of Loan Prospector and Desktop Underwriter AUS
- Validate AUS findings to obtain required documents
- Complete a final review prior to pre-doc submission
- Export fully processed files to lender and/or in house underwriter
- Distribution of approval letters to applicable parties, based on underwriters approval
- Initiate contact with borrowers to review commitment letter and to secure outstanding conditions
- Ability to review and submit approval conditions to underwriter
- Process FHA loans in accordance with FHA lenders guidelines
- Process VA and USDA loans in accordance with Investor guidelines
- Effectively communicate individual file challenges with other departments
- Confirm compliance of all regulatory disclosures, including NYS disclosures
- Complete understanding of investor seller servicer guidelines
- Maintain excellent auditory skills
- Maintain strong accuracy record
- Perform other related functions as assigned
- High School diploma or GED and a minimum of one (1) to two (2) years as a Mortgage Loan Processor.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel; basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with the ability to learn other software applications.
- Basic knowledge of FHLMC or FNMA Seller /Servicer Guide.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Strong oral, written and auditory communication skills.
- Strong math skills with the ability to solve problems.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Strong multi-tasking and project planning skills.
- Self-motivated with strong initiative and the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
CAP COM Federal Credit Union is a professional and fun organization offering quality benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and 401(k) with generous profit sharing/matching contributions.
If you meet the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please apply online by clicking here: https://www.capcomfcu.org/careers
For reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and recruitment process, please contact:
Graig Carbino, Manager of Human Resources
Office Phone: 518-458-2195 x4400
Mailing Address: 4 Winners Circle, Albany, NY 12205
Equal Opportunity Employer, race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation