|Employer:||Capital Communications FCU|
Albany - County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Make a smart move, feel empowered, and be part of something different. CAP COM Federal Credit Union can help you advance your career, enjoy a team environment and provide access to great employee benefits. CAP COM is consistently voted Best in Service and one of the Best Places to Work in the Capital Region.
We are currently seeking a Financial Analyst II to administer the daily operations of the Finance department functions along with assisting with corporate budgeting, department variance analysis and Asset Liability Modeling.
|ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyze month end financial reports for the Credit Union, subsidiaries and other related entities including analyzing trends in financial ratios, assets, liabilities, revenue and expenses, corporate and department metrics and profitability measures.
- Responsible for budget software maintenance to include: annual non-interest income and expense budgets, capital requests, training and headcount requests. This includes budget formulation, monitoring, variance reporting and presentation.
- Responsible for financial analysis, both initially and on-going, for new products, branches, services and business units that assists management with monitoring success of implementation and return on investment.
- Assist managers with preparing monthly budget variance reports for the various departments/responsibility centers in the Credit Union as well as each subsidiary.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget, business plans and strategic plans of the Credit Union and CUSO’s.
- Primary back up for ALM modeling simulations to include developing assumptions, review and analysis of results from reports generated. Specifically, responsible to forecast non-interest income and expenses, based on analysis of budget variances, for a two-year period.
- Work with management team to understand and develop individual department budgets and provide them with trending analysis needed to effectively run business units.
- Stay current on financial market trends, projections, rates and accounting techniques.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Serve as a back up to other positions within Finance when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance plus three (3) to five (5) years of comparable experience, graduate degree can be substituted for experience.
- Experience in financial analytical review.
- Working knowledge of GAAP for the financial services industry.
- Experience with ALM simulation software.
- Ability to prioritize and change direction when needed.
- Project planning skills.
- Ability to navigate core data processing system and general ledger systems.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and oral, written and auditory communication skills.
- Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office suite of products.
CAP COM Federal Credit Union is a professional and fun organization offering quality benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and 401(k) with generous profit sharing/matching contributions.
If you meet the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please apply online by clicking here:
For reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and recruitment process, please contact:
Graig Carbino, Manager of Human Resources
Office Phone: 518-458-2195 x4400
Mailing Address: 4 Winners Circle, Albany, NY 12205
Equal Opportunity Employer, race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation