|Employer:||Northern Federal Credit Union|
Watertown - County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Northern Credit Union has been named one of New York’s Best Places to Work for three consecutive years and is one of the Best Credit Unions to Work for in the United States. We are a people-first, member-owned growing financial institution with 9 Relationship Centers currently and 1 new Relationship Center opening soon. Each of our Relationship Centers are conveniently located in Jefferson, Lewis, and southern St. Lawrence counties. Northern provides an opportunity enriched career environment for inspired professionals that consistently demonstrate a selfless commitment to our culture and the success of our organization!|
We are seeking an Accountant:
The Accounting Team is seeking a highly engaged, experienced, self-motivated, career minded individual to join a team of professionals dedicated to improving the lives of our members, their families, and our communities. Ideal candidate will be:
• A naturally dedicated and caring team player who will consistently demonstrate a tendency of putting the needs of the team and our members ahead of their own;
• A mature professional that:
o Values professional development opportunities, self-education, receiving and providing feedback to others, empowerment, goal setting and influencing direction.
o Consistently exercises good judgment in doing right by our members, internal owners, our communities and our organization.
o Is resilient and poised with the ability to effectively control emotions, manage stress and deal with difficult situations.
• Desirous and able to effectively build rapport, demonstrate empathy and actively contribute to team discussions; and
• Willing to embrace change, have the ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast paced, high energy environment.
• Effectively and accurately performs daily general accounting procedures to include transactions for deposits, ACH and share drafts, cash moves, coin and currency orders, wire transfers, reconciling daily balancing etc.;
• Ensures that accounting records and reports are in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and credit union accounting guidelines;
• Assists with monthly/year-end General Ledger Reconciliations in a timely manner;
• Assists in creating financial and regulatory reports as well as submitting monthly, quarterly, and annual tax returns for the organization;
• Prepares audit information and assists with the annual Finance and Operations budget including analyzing variances;
• Reviewing and analyzing loan and share budget projections and making recommendations to Senior Management;
• Works with asset liability management (ALM) by learning and demonstrating concepts, calculating model assumptions, preparing reports and stress tests to present to management and committees.
• Reviews controls and financial activity and prepares recommendations to improve department efficiencies;
• Receptively collaborates with and provides accounting support to internal teams and relationship centers; and
• Enthusiastically participates in Credit Union activities.
• An Undergraduate Degree in Accounting is required, compensation is commensurate with level of education and related experience.
• Candidate must possess:
o Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, organizational, creative problem solving and project management skills with an impeccable attention to detail;
o Strong focus on internal and external member customer service;
o Be independent but also be able to thrive in a team environment;
o Ability and maturity to handle confidential/sensitive information in a professional manner is required; and
o Advanced proficiency with Excel spreadsheet functions and other Microsoft Office Suite and financial software.