Front Desk Relationship Officer
Closing Date: May. 05, 2019
|Employer:||Capital Communications FCU|
Albany - County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Make a smart move, feel empowered, and be part of something different. CAP COM Federal Credit Union can help you advance your career, enjoy a team environment and provide access to great employee benefits. CAP COM is consistently voted Best in Service and one of the Best Places to Work in the Capital Region.
We are currently seeking a Front Desk Relationship Officer to consistently make a powerful first impression on our members and outside guests in a way that makes them say “WOW,” and gives them confidence to recommend CAP COM to others. Coordinate and fulfill member needs with poise, confidence, and clarity. Complete a warm transfer to branch and other CAP COM staff, as needed based on member needs.
|ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintains a dynamic presence at the front desk, greeting and assisting members while exemplifying all GUSTO attributes.
- Ensures a positive attitude, welcoming disposition, hospitable nature, strong posture, and pride.
- Consistently approachable, acknowledging members immediately, establishing eye contact, and speaking to members directly.
- Seeks opportunities to provide exemplary service to our members to make their experience memorable with proven hospitality: ensures fully stocked coffee bar, availability of ice scrapers and/or umbrella, professional and neat appearance of the lobby and play areas, including fish tank.
- Engages members in dialogues to build rapport, defuse tension if needed, and highlight CAP COM’s community partnerships and community engagements.
- Responsive to addressing corrective measures, identifying opportunities amongst branch team and CAP COM staff, communicating with appropriate management, to enhance the members’, vendors’ and guests’ experiences.
- Accurately and efficiently processes all types of financial service transactions, including, but not limited to, Consumer Transactions, Commercial Deposits, Specialty Accounts, Shared Branching transactions, Mortgage Payments & Payoffs, CTR & SAR filings, Negotiable Instrument purchases, Night Drop Deposits, etc.
- Responsible for the safekeeping and safeguarding of all branch keys and any combinations assigned. Report to branch manager immediately any combinations/keys learned or obtained outside of assigned scope.
- Proven ability and success in performing MRO job functions, including, but not limited to:
- Accurately answering member questions, troubleshooting issues, providing reorders and pins for Credit and Debit cards utilizing Card Station.
- Creating and re-Issuing Instant Issue Debit Cards, auditing Instant Issue Stock, and proving Instant Issue Machine.
- Reducing member wait time by utilizing Loan Xpress to submit pre-approved loan applications and promoting DocuSign for member efficiency.
- Accurately and thoroughly completing account maintenance needs for account transfers, loan payments, address changes, stop payments (all types), card disputes, opening/closing of shares, payroll/eft set-ups & distributions, name & address changes, adding/removing account owners, etc.
- Demonstrating sound understanding of share products, loan products and services available to the membership, by providing accurate details of the benefits and features of each product/service.
- Engaging members in Advocacy conversations, advocating beneficial products and/or services to meet their financial needs. Ability to identify referral opportunities and refer to the appropriate department or CUSO. Enhancing the Credit Union’s brand in the market/community as a trusted partner to deliver unparalleled financial guidance.
- Looking out for the members’ best interests by asking critical questions and providing clear and meaningful information about products and/or services to fulfill their needs. Motivating the member to take action, instilling confidence in their financial future. Taking the lead in helping members achieve their financial goals and well-being.
- Keeps member pick up folder current to insure maximum responsiveness to service and outreach to members or departments for outstanding items.
- Utilizes Fraud Prevention training, Bank Secrecy Act training, Identification Guidelines, technology recommendations and conversation with members to assess validity of member, negotiable instruments, account changes and transactions, placing holds as necessary to safeguard the members’ and Credit Union’s assets.
- Opens and Closes either side of the branch, FS or MRO.
- Remains up to date on CAP COM policies and procedures, including fraud and security items, latest rates, products/services and NCUA regulations, to effectively and accurately support members.
- Monitors internal and external building walkways to insure members’ safety, including mopping and/or sweeping of floors, shoveling/salting walkways, etc.
- Supports Marketing and Foundation department related initiatives.
- Associate’s degree and minimum of three (3) years of experience in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proficiency in FS, MRO and Referral Systems, i.e.: Symitar, Profit Stars, True Checks, Loan Xpress, Referral Manager, Synergy, CFM, Card Station, Harland Clarke, Digital Insight, Telephone Banking, DocuSign, Synergy, basic Meridian Link Accounts & Lending, etc.
- Excellent oral, written and auditory communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task and ability to “control” the traffic flow of the branch, ensuring wait times are minimal for all Member Service needs. Remain aware of the Member Relationship Officers to ensure timely resolution of member’s needs. Effectively handles multiple priorities with poise and consistency.
- Adapts to change without issue, embrace change of plans with excitement and drive.
- Confidence and impartiality to bring forth concerns in process, staffing of service within the team.
- Acts independently and take ownership; uses appropriate judgement when making independent decisions, keeps branch manager updated to all actions.
- Strong E-Comm and Digital product offering knowledge, especially in the areas of Online & Mobile Banking, Remote Deposit Capture, Bill Pay, ATM Utilization, Pop Money, Funds Transfer, MX and Loan Xpress. Ability to walk members through set-up, utilization and troubleshooting.
- Attends IRA Basics Training, showing successful knowledge of IRA types offered and how to complete opening, renewal and closure paperwork and processes.
- Pass and Maintain Signature Guarantee permissions.
- Pass and Maintain Notary License.
- Ability to lift 10 pounds, stand for long periods of time.
CAP COM Federal Credit Union is a professional and fun organization offering quality benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and 401(k) with generous profit sharing/matching contributions.
If you meet the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please apply online by clicking here:
For reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and recruitment process, please contact:
Graig Carbino, Manager of Human Resources
Office Phone: 518-458-2195 x4400
Mailing Address: 4 Winners Circle, Albany, NY 12205
Equal Opportunity Employer, race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation
View More Jobs
Get Notified of New Credit Union Jobs in New York State