Financial Services Team Lead
Closing Date: May. 05, 2019
|Employer:||Capital Communications FCU|
Albany - County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Make a smart move, feel empowered, and be part of something different. CAP COM Federal Credit Union can help you advance your career, enjoy a team environment and provide access to great employee benefits. CAP COM is consistently voted Best in Service and one of the Best Places to Work in the Capital Region.
We are currently seeking a Financial Services Team Lead at our Brunswick branch to assist the Branch Manager in leading a team of professionals in executing and delivering the Credit Union’s mission, in a member advocacy environment, through every member interaction. To coordinate and maintain the overall responsibility of daily branch operations, specific to the Financial Services area, including mentoring of FS staff to deliver GUSTO service.
|ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for the daily workflow and smooth operation of the Financial Services area, including scheduling based on traffic demands and branch needs and monitoring overtime.
- Mentor and coach staff to ensure adherence to set policies and procedures and to ensure staff are actively achieving minimum performance standards (MPS), member advocacy and service standards.
- Serve as a Financial Services expert; a resource relied upon from other areas throughout the Credit Union. Proficient in researching all types of teller and branch differences.
- Remains current on fraud and security procedures; keeps staff informed and trained to protect and secure member assets (negotiable instruments, cash, etc.) in accordance with required security procedures and drills (Robbery, Fire, D/R, STEP, etc.).
- Serve as an Operations Expert; a resource relied upon from other areas throughout the Credit Union. Proficient in training, mentoring and delivering advocacy for all financial service needs.
- Serve as a Technology Expert; a resource relied upon from other areas throughout the Credit Union to provide testing, piloting, training and implementation enthusiasm and support for:
- Existing branch and member technologies (Cash Machines, RDC, Imaged ATM’s, Coin Machines, etc.);
- Releases and enhancements for operating systems (Meridian Link, Loan Express, Digital Insight – Online & Mobile Banking, Symitar, Instant Issue, etc.)
- Support a team atmosphere with a willingness to work in the trenches, maintaining a cash drawer and being a lead on the teller line.
- Responsible for accurately maintaining all negotiable instruments, their records and ensuring all branch cash audits (cash, work, inventories, etc.) are completed within required timeframes.
- Responsible for the safekeeping and safeguarding of all branch keys and any combinations assigned. Report to branch manager immediately any combinations/keys learned or obtained outside of assigned scope.
- Strong problem resolution skills; able to resolve irate member concerns independently, referring to Branch Manager, if necessary. Skilled at team conflict resolution regarding service, advocacy and team initiatives.
- Provides consistent input to Branch Manager regarding staff performance and makes recommendations for additional training, development plans & level advancement.
- Partners with FS Coordinator to support in-person training for New Hires and for staff needing additional development.
- Remains current on products & services, sales initiatives and NCUA regulations. Ensures team compliance specific to FS policy/procedures and branch policy/procedures.
- Performs the functions of a Member Relationship Officer Level 1, as needed.
- Associate’s Degree and a minimum of three (3) years of branch experience or related team lead experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications.
- Must be flexible to work out of any location at any time, as business needs dictate. Flexible to rotate coverage for Saturdays and for call-ins.
- Adaptability to change, without issue, embraces change of plans with excitement and drive. Supports management decisions and is able to motivate team through such decisions.
- Excellent oral, written and auditory communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
CAP COM Federal Credit Union is a professional and fun organization offering quality benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and 401(k) with generous profit sharing/matching contributions.
If you meet the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please apply online by clicking here:
For reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and recruitment process, please contact:
Graig Carbino, Manager of Human Resources
Office Phone: 518-458-2195 x4400
Mailing Address: 4 Winners Circle, Albany, NY 12205
Equal Opportunity Employer, race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation
View More Jobs
Get Notified of New Credit Union Jobs in New York State