|Employer:||Capital Communications FCU|
Albany - Albany County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Make a smart move, feel empowered, and be part of something different. CAP COM Federal Credit Union can help you advance your career, enjoy a team environment and provide access to great employee benefits. CAP COM is consistently voted Best in Service and one of the Best Places to Work in the Capital Region. |
We are currently seeking a Portfolio Manager to provide operational support to the Commercial Services area which includes lending and business banking, ensuring Top 10 GUSTO Attributes are delivered, goals and objectives are met consistently and timely. Liaison for Relationship Officers, Underwriters and business members to consistently provide a high level of internal/external member service and to insure a high level of compliance within loan policy on all business relationships.
|• Manage communication with business members, file maintenance, tracking and reporting of the collection of all required financials in each business relationship, and engage Relationship Officers when necessary. |
• Liaison for Relationship Officers as an additional point of annual contact with business members to identify new borrowing and/or deposit needs.
• Coordinate with the Manager of Commercial Underwriting to prioritize the completion of annual reviews for each business member based on complete and accurate financial information.
• Liaison for Commercial Services to resolve any inquiry from a business member, including commercial referral and commercial voicemail maintenance to insure members are contacted in a timely manner.
• Assist Relationship Officers in collecting past due payments, expired insurance policies, proof of tax payments, and any other pertinent information needed by the Relationship Officer to assist in the management of respective portfolios.
• Deliver strength of leadership including maintaining thorough knowledge of all aspects of coordinating the daily workflow ensuring that all responsibilities are completed in a timely manner. Communicate issues and updates to the department manager, and invest in personal professional development.
• Participate in training and mentoring of other team members as needed. Make recommendations and collaborate with manager on department workflow and procedures.
• Support a team atmosphere in Commercial Services by demonstrating a willingness to work in the trenches to do whatever it takes to get the job done right, the first time and on time.
• Provide cross training to Commercial team members regarding the functions of the Portfolio Manager, product knowledge, and daily responsibilities.
• Create and maintain in depth knowledge of Commercial Services processes and procedures and ensure that procedure manual is kept up to date as it relates to portfolio management.
• Provide member service to an assigned portfolio of business members including problem resolution, as well as cross sell CAP COM products and services when applicable.
• Participate in audits as needed.
• Demonstrate initiative and problem resolution, resolving complicated issues and problems independently, without the need to delegate up, but updating management as necessary.
• Assist with the maintenance of the department disaster recovery plan.
|• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field and three (3) to five (5) years of experience in the financial industry, or equivalent combination of education and experience. |
• Communication Abilities – strong in terms of both oral and written communication.
• Computer Skills – must possess strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software including: Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook with ability to learn other software as needed.
• Analytical skills – demonstrated experience in collecting and researching data, using intuition and experience to compile and analyze data and present conclusions.
• Problem solving - demonstrated experience in identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner and in developing alternative solutions. Works well in group problem solving situations.
• Interpersonal skills – works well with diverse groups of people; treats others with respect and dignity at all times; focuses on solving conflict without hostility; works towards achievement of mutual goals. Maintains a positive, upbeat attitude.
• Ethics – works with integrity while maintaining confidentiality of CU records and sensitive information; upholds the values of the organization in the course of work.
• Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment; changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
• Exhibits strong attention to detail, project planning, and multi-tasking skills.
CAP COM Federal Credit Union is a professional and fun organization offering quality benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and 401(k) with generous profit sharing/matching contributions.
If you meet the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please apply online by clicking here: https://www.capcomfcu.org/careers
For reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and recruitment process, please contact:
Graig Carbino, Manager of Human Resources
Office Phone: 518-458-2195 x4400
Mailing Address: 4 Winners Circle, Albany, NY 12205
Equal Opportunity Employer, race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation