Senior Commercial Underwriter
Closing Date: Apr. 25, 2019
|Employer:||Capital Communications FCU|
Albany - Albany County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Make a smart move, feel empowered, and be part of something different. CAP COM Federal Credit Union can help you advance your career, enjoy a team environment and provide access to great employee benefits. CAP COM is consistently voted Best in Service and one of the Best Places to Work in the Capital Region. |
We are currently seeking a Senior Commercial Underwriter to perform financial analysis and risk assessments of all commercial credit requests, including new requests, renewals, and modifications. Ensure that the risk philosophy, risk appetite, and lending strategies of the Credit Union are adhered to while maintaining a high level of member responsiveness. Provide direct support to the Manager of Commercial Underwriting and lending staff with respect to portfolio management of member relationships with an emphasis on compliance, continuous monitoring and assisting with documentation of credit needs for new and existing members within the portfolio. Consistently provide outstanding member service.
|• Underwrite complex Commercial Real Estate(“CRE”) and Commercial and Industrial(“C&I”) loan transactions for new and existing members with complicated borrowing structures, formulating mitigated risk recommendations, to articulate into the form of a well-written and accurately analyzed narrative. |
• Under general supervision, but following established policies and procedures, analyze prospective and existing commercial members’ financial statements to facilitate new and existing underwriting.
• Prepare and submit credit recommendations with an appropriate credit decision to the Manager of Commercial Underwriting, and ultimately the Member Business Loan committee.
• For real estate transactions, review property operating statements, leases, rent rolls, real estate schedules to perform detailed cash flow analysis using CRE templates. Perform stress testing scenarios on construction projects and stabilized income-producing real estate properties.
• For C&I transactions, review cash flow cycles, conduct sensitivity analysis, evaluate Borrower’s cash flow and their ability to provide adequate debt coverage for the proposed transactions, as well as determine appropriate sensitivity analysis.
• Complete risk ratings as a means to proactively mitigate potential risk associated with assets within the portfolio. Maintain an in-depth understanding of CAP COM’s Member Business Loan Program, credit policy, and procedures and is able to accurately risk-rate loans using the Credit Union’s methodology.
• Perform routine annual reviews of relationships within the portfolio and review loan documents and approvals to determine information that is needed for renewals/modifications.
• Assist in facilitating timely receipt of current and adequate financial statements of all types, tax returns, and personal financial statements, and then analyze these often complex personal financial statements and personal tax returns of sponsors/guarantors, as well as their contingent debt.
• Contact internal/external members as well as other parties as appropriate to gather information and to clarify inconsistent, incorrect or missing information. May perform relevant pre-approval and post-approval activities.
• Attend member/prospect calls with lending staff in order to gain a thorough understanding of the member/prospect and their business in order to determine the merits of specific loan requests and loan structure, as well as assist in the management of the member relationship.
• Maintain timeliness and accuracy of credit analysis and underwriting work product.
• Remain current on all compliance issues related to NCUA requirements and other regulatory rules and regulations.
• Review and analyze reports (credit, environmental, appraisal, and property evaluations).
• Understanding of cash management products with the ability to review, analyze and recommend appropriate exposure levels.
• Perform various departmental functions, including loan covenant monitoring, risk rating, stress testing, and audit preparation.
• Maintain a strong knowledge base on all business products and services, both loan and deposits, in order to better serve our members’ needs. Consistently cross-sells products.
• Recognize appropriate referrals to other CUSOs and internal departments within CAP COM FCU.
• Remain current on all updated commercial software and other computer skills.
• Play an active role in annual departmental sales goals, to include loans and deposits, fee income, referrals, and balance sheet growth.
|• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.|
• Minimum five (5) years of experience in business/commercial lending and underwriting. Prior Credit Union experience preferred.
• Proven track record in working with all levels throughout an organization.
• Detail oriented with demonstrated proficiency in implementing internal policies and procedures.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
• Knowledge of commercial lending programs, systems, regulations, and best practices.
• Effective interpersonal and verbal, written and auditory communication skills.
CAP COM Federal Credit Union is a professional and fun organization offering quality benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and 401(k) with generous profit sharing/matching contributions.
If you meet the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please apply online by clicking here: https://www.capcomfcu.org/careers
For reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and recruitment process, please contact:
Graig Carbino, Manager of Human Resources
Office Phone: 518-458-2195 x4400
Mailing Address: 4 Winners Circle, Albany, NY 12205
Equal Opportunity Employer, race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation
View More Jobs
Get Notified of New Credit Union Jobs in New York State