|Employer:||Capital Communications FCU|
Albany - County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Make a smart move, feel empowered, and be part of something different. CAP COM Federal Credit Union can help you advance your career, enjoy a team environment and provide access to great employee benefits. CAP COM is consistently voted Best in Service and one of the Best Places to Work in the Capital Region.
We are currently seeking a Business Banking Advocate to identify, solicit, develop and expand new and existing business relationships within our defined market place. The Business Banking Advocate will coordinate and lead business development efforts pertaining to existing member companies, business to business and new business recruitment, all in support of revenue and membership corporate goals. Provide a full range of loan, deposit, and non-interest income services to our member base and act as the primary liaison between the branches, contact center and the Business Services team.
|ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop, prospect and cultivate new and existing business relationships, act as the lead on all business related deals under $100,000.
- Collaborate with Business Development and Branch personnel on member company relationships and help generate new market growth specific to new branch locations, market segments and existing branches.
- Team with branch personnel with outside sales calling efforts, when appropriate.
- Assist in training branch staff on business loans and deposits. Train the branches on recognizing new member companies and in the proper coding of their employee base.
- Collaborate with Commercial Services, Business Development and Marketing on product development and improvements as well as promotional tactics that promote member company relationships.
- Handle ACD inquires and offers solutions.
- Become an expert on all business deposit products and platforms and assist in the development of new products and features, including cash management, RDC and credit cards. Actively sell these product lines.
- Utilize Sales Force as the contact management system for current member Companies and new prospects in tracking activity and follow-up action items.
- Partner with Public Relations, Business Development and Marketing teams on recognizing outside networking events that help source new business and awareness of the Credit Union. Regularly attend outside networking events and other functions.
- Cultivate an outside networking channel that includes various ‘centers of influences’ in order to build trust and awareness in the market, and provide sources for new business loan requests.
- Periodically review the existing accounts of our members and offer advice to maximize cross-sell opportunities.
- Assist in the relationship with external vendors for merchant, payroll or other services that may be provided by vendors.
- Partner with various departments on ways to improve our member experience around business on-line services.
- Capable of becoming the SOS Sales Champion for Business Services.
- Participate in sales and prospecting calls with Branch personnel, Business Services management or Business Development, as needed or deemed appropriate.
- Follow up on all referrals that come to the Credit Union relating to business services and assign them to corresponding parties.
- Conduct internal staff trainings around current campaigns and new product roll-outs.
- Maintain an awareness of all laws, regulations, developments and trends that may affect business development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related field with two (2) to four (4) years’ experience in the financial services industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in sales/business development in the financial services industry is strongly preferred.
- Adept at resolving member conflicts and concerns.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Flexibility to travel and represent the credit union at networking events after hours.
- Communication Abilities – strong in terms of both oral and written communication; must be able to make effective group presentations with a focus on training staff regarding technical and sales areas; Ability to remain calm in tense situations.
- Computer Skills – must possess strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software including: Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook with ability to learn other software as needed.
- Analytical skills – collects and researches data, uses intuition and experience to compile and analyze data; helps design work flows and procedures as appropriate for department efficiency.
- Problem solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Interpersonal skills – works well with diverse groups of people; treats others with respect and dignity at all times; focuses on solving conflict without hostility; works towards achievement of mutual goals.
- Ethics – works with integrity while maintaining confidentiality of CU records and sensitive information; upholds the values of the organization in the course of work.
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment; changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Exhibits strong attention to detail, project planning, and multi-tasking skills.
CAP COM Federal Credit Union is a professional and fun organization offering quality benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and 401(k) with generous profit sharing/matching contributions.
If you meet the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please apply online by clicking here: https://www.capcomfcu.org/careers
For reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and recruitment process, please contact:
Graig Carbino, Manager of Human Resources
Office Phone: 518-458-2195 x4400
Mailing Address: 4 Winners Circle, Albany, NY 12205
Equal Opportunity Employer, race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation