Member Service Representative / Teller
Closing Date: Apr. 30, 2019
|Employer:||Utica District Telephone Employees FCU|
Utica - Oneida County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary Range:||$12 - $13 per hour|
|Benefits:||Comprehensive Benefits Package|
|Summary: Serve as a liaison between the member and the credit union. Provide account information by phone or in person, as well as information on the full range of credit union products and services. Open accounts for members, resolve issues, and professionally handle the memberís daily needs. Provide a variety of transactional services to members.|
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
|1. Greet and welcome members and visitors to the credit union in a professional manner. Provide prompt, efficient, and accurate service in the processing of transactions.|
2. Provide in-person and by-telephone general and specific service-related information concerning credit union services or policies.
3. May process member mail transactions and respond to email or other electronic requests submitted by members, again providing professional, prompt, efficient, and accurate service and information.
4. Respond to membersí requests, problems, and complaints and/or direct them to the appropriate person for specific information and assistance.
5. Open new accounts, and service existing accounts. Set up new account files, and provide members with all necessary information for membership.
6. Handle requests, verify and examine amounts, signatures and member balances of shares to loan payments, share withdrawals, check requests, CD transactions, and any other requests received from members.
7. Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all credit union products and services that are handled or promoted by tellers. Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all related policies and procedures, rules and regulations for the teller area, including robbery procedures.
8. Promote, explain, cross-sell and assist members in opening other credit union services such as consumer and mortgage loans, IRAs, certificates, gift cards, debit and credit cards, on-line banking, and money orders based on memberís needs.
9. Places holds on accounts for uncollected funds.
10. Assist members with balancing their accounts. Research deposit, withdrawal, and loan-payment discrepancies as required.
11. Assist members with the proper completion of payroll deduction and direct deposit cards.
12. Balance cash drawer at the end of the shift and compare totaled amounts to computer-generated proof sheet. Research and resolve discrepancies. Report any discrepancies to the supervisor as necessary.
13. Count, check, and package coins and currency.
14. Ensure that the teller station is properly stocked with forms, supplies, brochures, etc.
15. Check night depository safe and record proper information according to credit union procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, members, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, accounting software, internet software, and database software.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
View More Jobs
Get Notified of New Credit Union Jobs in New York State