|Employer:||Capital Communications FCU|
Albany - County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Make a smart move, feel empowered, and be part of something different. CAP COM Federal Credit Union can help you advance your career, enjoy a team environment and provide access to great employee benefits. CAP COM is consistently voted Best in Service and one of the Best Places to Work in the Capital Region.
We are currently seeking a Project Manager to research, develop, and implement projects for the Credit Union as a strategic partner to deliver organization goals.
|ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS|
- Create, document and direct assigned project plans. Ensure task accountability and defined timelines are upheld and communicated.
- Ensure projects are managed as aligned with department standards and practices.
- Oversee and/or handle special projects as assigned. Consult with all levels of management to determine functional and non-functional requirements to establish boundaries and priorities of new projects.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope and task assignment including understand interdependencies within a given program / project and manage accordingly.
- Manage vendor partners in a way which professionally represents organizational positions while monitoring and controlling deliverables.
- Effectively leverage SDLC and Project methodologies in order to best achieve organizational outcomes.
- Ensure risk for projects are identified, analyzed, planned, controlled, and communicated.
- Collaborate with risk control partners to ensure identified projects and functionality are in line with Corporate Strategic direction and policies.
- Plan resource requirements needed including monitoring and control activities. Align and manage project resources in an efficient manner.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Prepare regular status reports to stakeholders including senior management of project status and deviation from goals.
- Plan and execute project communication activities for project including understanding and communicating with stakeholder on needs and concerns and using sound judgement on engaging with organizational and project stakeholders as needed.
- Remain current on Credit Union policies and procedures, the latest rates, products/services.
- Elicit and manage business requirements to ensure a shared understanding of acceptance criteria and desired deliverables.
- Recognize opportunities to make the Credit Union and its subsidiaries more effective and efficient.
- Identify and coordinate implementation of new technologies to meet business needs.
- Evaluate and research new technology for applicability to Credit Union strategies. Work closely with Information Systems management to determine feasibility.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to author and oversee quality management activities including user acceptance testing.
- Deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Cultivate shared product vision amongst stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree and four (4) years’ experience in a related field of Project Management, Information technology, Business analysis, Change Management, etc. or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiar with Agile and Waterfall Project Management methodologies. Knowledge of process improvement and/or Six Sigma a plus.
- Excellent Project Management Skills.
- Communication Abilities – strong in terms of both oral and written communication; must be able to make effective group presentations with a focus on training staff regarding technical areas; must provide clear and concise written communications.
- Computer Skills – must possess strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software including: Visio, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook with ability to learn other software as needed. Microsoft Project a plus.
- Analytical skills – collects and researches data, uses intuition and experience to compile and analyze data; designs work flows and procedures as appropriate for department efficiency.
- Problem solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Interpersonal skills – works well with diverse groups of people; treats others with respect and dignity at all times; focuses on solving conflict without hostility; works towards achievement of mutual goals.
- Ethics – works with integrity while maintaining confidentiality of CU records and sensitive information; upholds the values of the organization in the course of work.
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment; changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Exhibits strong attention to detail, project planning, and multi-tasking skills.
CAP COM Federal Credit Union is a professional and fun organization offering quality benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and 401(k) with generous profit sharing/matching contributions.
If you meet the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please apply online by clicking here:
For reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and recruitment process, please contact:
Graig Carbino, Manager of Human Resources
Office Phone: 518-458-2195 x4400
Mailing Address: 4 Winners Circle, Albany, NY 12205
Equal Opportunity Employer, race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation