|Employer:||Visions Federal Credit Union|
Endwell - Broome County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Visions Federal Credit Union is currently looking to fill a challenging position in its Endwell, NY location. |
Successful candidate will be responsible for providing company-wide strategic and tactical leadership in creating, designing and implementing an Enterprise Risk Program that meets the needs of the company, and in overall identification, assessment, communication, measurement, and management of enterprise risk, including regulatory compliance. The Chief Risk Officer works in close cooperation at all times with the executive team peers across the organization to help drive business growth, achievement of strategic goals, and maintenance of a balanced risk/reward framework.
|Representative Duties: |
1. Assists management with integrating risk management with the strategic management process. Creates guidance and standardization for risk identification, analysis, evaluation treatment and tracking for risk exposure optimization.
2. Develops and communicates risk management policies and limits.
3. Works with senior officers to establish control environment that: 1) monitors risk across the enterprise; 2) oversees and enforces risk management policies and limits; 3) instills the discipline to close significant gaps in risk management capabilities; and, 4) ensures that organizational cultural issues are being managed effectively, regarding risk management issues.
4. Establishes, communicates and facilitates the use of appropriate ERM methodologies, tools and techniques.
5. Facilitates enterprise-wide risk assessments and monitors the capabilities around managing the priority risk across the organization.
6. Coordinates the application of risk assessment across the organization to obtain an enterprise-wide view of risk.
7. Works with all departments and support units to establish, maintain and continuously improve risk management capabilities enterprise-wide.
8. Implements appropriate risk reporting to Senior Management
9. Develops measurement methodologies and monitoring methods that aggregate risk exposures and risk management performance on an enterprise-wide basis.
10. Ensures that there is a robust compliance framework including the execution and monitoring of all regulatory issues and any potential changes in the regulatory environment.
11. Collaborates with other departments to monitor policies and procedures for appropriate compliance and regulation, as well as industry and regulatory updates
12. Provides input into service provider due diligence.
13. Monitors and measures 3rd party risk.
|Special Know-How Essential to Job Performance: |
1. Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required, master’s degree preferred. At least
5 years progressively responsible relevant experience in a financial institution or
comparable company. In the absence of a relevant degree, additional years’ experience sufficient to suggest an ability to succeed in the role may be considered.
2. At least 5 years of enterprise risk and compliance experience (e.g. enterprise risk
management, internal controls) required, or extensive experience in multiple
divisions across a financial organization.
3. At least 3-5 years’ experience managing and leading others preferred
4. Must have exceptional organizational comprehension and a proven track record
of working within or in concert with multiple major divisions of a company
5. Strong knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations applicable to Federal
Credit Unions, and how they impact business
6. Proven ability to think strategically, and contribute effectively to strategic level
decisions and plans while maintaining confidentiality and integrity of sensitive
7. Have excellent communication and facilitation skills.
8. Have the ability to organize and motivate others, with strong management
9. Have the ability to work with all levels of management including senior leadership
10. Have the capability to accumulate, summarize and interpret risk reports from
all departments, risk units, support units and internal audit.
11. Strong analytical and dispute resolution skills.
Visions Federal Credit Union, headquartered in Endwell, New York, has over $4 billion dollars in assets with 48 branches located throughout Central New York, portions of Rochester and Syracuse, New York, Northern Pennsylvania, and portions of Northern New Jersey.
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer