|Employer:||Northern Credit Union|
Watertown - Jefferson County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Northern Credit Union was recently named one of New York’s Best Places to Work for the second consecutive year and is a progressive, member-owned financial institution with 7 branches located in Jefferson, Lewis, and southern St. Lawrence counties. Northern provides an opportunity enriched career environment for inspired professionals that consistently demonstrate a selfless commitment to our culture and the success of our organization!|
We are seeking a Human Resources Manager:
The Human Resources Department at Northern Credit Union is seeking a visionary, self-motivated, career minded individual that is dedicated to the organization’s mission and vision of improving the lives of our members, their families, and communities. Key components for success in this position include:
• An unwavering commitment to a long term career with Northern and to its Core Values, Vision, Mission, and Strategic Plan;
• Excitement for the opportunity to improve the lives of our members, their businesses, their families, and our communities through mutual value;
• The desire to be part of building mutual value relationships and looks to counsel others in a confidential environment with openness and compassion;
• Dedication and passion to demonstrate that external and internal members are a high priority by identifying member needs and expectations and responding to them in a timely and effective manner delivering high-quality services ethically and honestly;
• Meticulous identification of the need for new or improved efficiencies; thorough assessment of features, risks and benefits of alternatives, and matches alterative solutions to existing organizational practices and initiatives; and
• Talent for creating an environment that ensures challenging goals that align with organizational needs and objectives.
• The ideal individual will be responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the human resource function;
• Inspires excellence with the delivery of HR solutions that meet the needs of our employees and organization;
• Engages team in developing short and long term goals in support of Northern’s growth and direction;
• Plans and implements HR functions across the organization, including but not limited to: performance management, personnel policies, benefits, payroll, employee relations, and compensation/salary administration;
• Cultivates employee engagement, increased productivity and retention, and team/individual development;
• Analyzes trends and metrics to develop sound solutions, programs and policies that are efficient, appropriate, and support the strategic goals of the organization; and
• Administers, interprets, and ensures compliance with federal, state and local employment laws, as well as organization policies and procedures.
• Must possess solid leadership qualities with a passion for helping people;
• Excellent listening, communication, coaching, and team building skills are required;
• Must be responsive to internal and external member needs, handling confidential matters with professionalism, respect, and consideration of others;
• Must demonstrate strong initiative to drive team projects and priorities to successful completion.
• Must exhibit sound, independent judgment and have a proven track record for multi-tasking and proactively creating improvements while performing duties in a fast paced environment; and
• Bachelor’s degree with two to five years similar or related experience is required.
As a premier employer, Northern offers a competitive compensation plan; an enthusiastic, team-oriented environment; exciting growth opportunities; a comprehensive training program; and an outstanding benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life and disability, tuition assistance, paid vacations, an incredibly generous 401(K) plan, employee fitness center, and much more!
Cover Letter and Resume are required for consideration.
Northern is an Equal Opportunity Employer