Closing Date: Feb. 22, 2018
|Employer:||Capital Communications FCU|
Albany - County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Make a smart move, feel empowered, and be part of something different. CAP COM Federal Credit Union can help you advance your career, enjoy a team environment and provide access to great employee benefits. CAP COM is consistently voted Best in Service and one of the Best Places to Work in the Capital Region.
We are currently seeking a Commercial Underwriter to prepare, review, and analyze the creditworthiness of the existing commercial loan portfolio through the spreading of company and personal financial statements. The Underwriter evaluates financial statements, historical trends, projections, management performance, industry data, cash flow, capital structure and collateral analysis, and supports Senior Commercial Underwriters in the credit analysis and underwriting of new commercial loan packages as well as assists in underwriting “annual reviews.” While consistently providing outstanding member service.
|ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepare and analyze the creditworthiness of the existing commercial loan portfolio through periodic annual reviews.
- Provide in-depth annual review analysis and credit write-ups that are well supported, confirming existing risk ratings based on established policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Evaluate financial statements, historical trends, projections, management performance, industry, cash flow, capital structure and collateral analysis.
- Evaluate smaller dollar loan applications under $250,000, though a variety of sources, to assess financial condition, cash flow and credit history in order to recommend an appropriate loan decision.
- Collect, package, review and reconcile loan application documents including financial/credit exhibits under various underwriting programs to assist the Commercial Loan Officer with an appropriate credit decision.
- Assist Commercial Loan Officer and Operations Department with the collection of required financial statements, tax returns, personal financial statements, etc. for the purpose of covenant, reporting and annual review requirements.
- Review and analyze reports (credit, environmental, appraisal, and property evaluations).
- Perform various departmental functions, including loan covenant monitoring, risk rating, stress testing and audit preparation.
- Remain current and up-to-date on all compliance issues related to NCUA requirements and other regulatory rules and regulations.
- Interact with professional partners, when applicable, to ensure loans are closed timely and in accordance with the Credit Union’s Program and Policies.
- Prepare written Credit Memorandums for presentation and approval, when required.
- Maintain a strong knowledge base on all business products and services, both loan and deposits, in order to better service our members’ needs. Consistently cross-sell products.
- Recognize appropriate referrals to other CUSOs and internal departments within CAP COM FCU.
- Remain current on all updated commercial software and other computer skills.
- Support the Senior Commercial Underwriters based on business needs.
- Attend, facilitate and participate in internal and external meetings as requested.
- Play an active role in annual departmental sales goals, to include loans and deposits, fee income, referrals and balance sheet growth.
- Join the Commercial Loan Officer and Relationship Managers on joint sales calls when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in business/commercial lending and underwriting. Prior Credit Union experience preferred.
- Understanding of cash management products with the ability to review, analyze and recommend appropriate exposure levels.
- Proven track record in working with all levels throughout an organization.
- Detail oriented with demonstrated proficiency in implementing internal policies and procedures.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of commercial lending programs, systems, regulations and best practices.
- Effective interpersonal and verbal, written and auditory communication skills.
CAP COM Federal Credit Union is a professional and fun organization offering quality benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and 401(k) with generous profit sharing/matching contributions.
If you meet the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please apply online by clicking here:
For reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and recruitment process, please contact:
Graig Carbino, Talent Development Manager
Office Phone: 518-458-2195 x4400
Mailing Address: 4 Winners Circle, Albany, NY 12205
Equal Opportunity Employer, race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation
View More Jobs
Get Notified of New Credit Union Jobs in New York State