|Employer:||Capital Communications FCU|
Albany - County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Make a smart move, feel empowered, and be part of something different. CAP COM Federal Credit Union can help you advance your career, enjoy a team environment and provide access to great employee benefits. CAP COM is consistently voted Best in Service and one of the Best Places to Work in the Capital Region.
We are currently seeking a Vice President of Business Services to develop and implement immediate and long-term plans and programs that grow Business Services including loans, deposits and relevant services (the relationship), while committing to the GUSTO service for which the Credit Union is known.
|ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain the Member Business Loan Policy and MBL Program to ensure that all commercial operations are in compliance with NCUA and other applicable regulations.
- Manage all commercial deposit products and services including disclosure requirements and operational oversight.
- Collaborate with and manage direct reports to ensure the daily workflow of the Commercial Services department, ensuring all duties are completed in a timely manner and in alignment with strategic and tactical plans.
- Collaborate with relationship officers to ensure a comprehensive understanding of member needs and objectives to match needs with appropriate products.
- Act as a mentor and manage other lending staff within the Commercial Services Department, delegating relationships to appropriate staff to manage based on the complexity of the borrower.
- Maintain knowledge of commercial market demands, develop and provide updates to commercial/business products and services, including business checking, business savings, cash management and online services.
- Act as the lead member of the MBL Committee whose responsibilities are to approve all MBL and commercial loan requests as well as approve Policy, Program and pricing modifications.
- Oversee business lending activities, including underwriting, annual reviews and the proper risk rating of the business loan portfolio.
- Coordinate and oversee Commercial Participation Loans, including the complete follow through on underwriting and servicing as well as establishing relationships with participation partners. Delegation of these activities will be commensurate with the complexity of the loan.
- Work with Business Development and the CAP COM Cares Foundation to ensure knowledge transfer exists for all SEG relationships and member companies. Support the Foundation by attending community events and developing relationships to support its mission.
- Remain current on NCUA and other applicable regulations regarding business lending; ensuring the Credit Union is compliant.
- Work closely with Executive Team to ensure the performance of the member business loan and deposit portfolios is reported and managed in accordance with strategic objectives.
- Collaborate with Branches and other Credit Union departments to ensure staff are educated and adequately trained in assisting business members with their business needs.
- Review and implement federal and state regulation pertaining to business banking, coordinating efforts with the Credit Union’s Compliance Officer and/or legal counsel.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of direct commercial services management including underwriting/lending experience and professional certifications as required.
- External Representation – strong relationship skills necessary to publically represent the Business Services Division and/or CAP COM FCU in a positive manner.
- Communication Abilities – strong in terms of both oral and written communication; must be able to make effective group presentations with a focus on training staff regarding technical areas; must provide clear and concise written communications. Ability to remain calm in tense situations.
- Computer Skills – must possess strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook with the demonstrated ability to learn other software as needed. Prior experience utilizing Customer Manager Relationship (CRM) software (ex: software).
- Analytical skills – collects and researches data, uses intuition and experience to compile and analyze data; designs work flows and procedures as appropriate for department efficiency.
- Interpersonal skills – works well with diverse groups of people; treats others with respect and dignity at all times; focuses on solving conflict without hostility; works towards achievement of mutual goals.
- Ethics – works with integrity while maintaining confidentiality of records and sensitive information; upholds the values of the organization in the course of work.
CAP COM Federal Credit Union is a professional and fun organization offering quality benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and 401(k) with generous profit sharing/matching contributions.
If you meet the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please apply online by clicking here:
For reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and recruitment process, please contact:
Graig Carbino, Talent Development Manager
Office Phone: 518-458-2195 x4400
Mailing Address: 4 Winners Circle, Albany, NY 12205
Equal Opportunity Employer, race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation