|Employer:||Local 804 Federal Credit Union|
Long Island City - County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Benefits:||Medical, Vision, & Dental.|
The Operations Manager is responsible for the day to day operation of the lending, collections, and member service departments. This includes overseeing and directing the Member Service activities of the entire credit union. Make sure that all products and series of the credit union are promoted and that quality member service is delivered to all members. Responsible for the operation of the lending department including compliance with relevant state and federal lending laws.
|• Directly responsible for the management of the day to day operations of the department, inclusive of the consumer lending function.|
• Participate in planning sessions to determine future lending objectives and products.
• Foster a positive and engaging work environment for each team member by promoting skill development, coaching for improvement and growth, inspiring others through words and actions, ensuring positive employee morale throughout Local 804 Federal Credit Union, and embracing our mission, vision and core values.
• Maintain strong working knowledge of employee roles and responsibilities in order to serve as an effective leader, role model and coach.
• Assess performance of all directs reports; reward and recognize strong performers and develop action plans to address performance issues. Track and monitor trends and opportunities, identifying root causes and taking proactive steps to ensure success.
• Train and coach employees on sound operational and lending practices.
• Maintain and inspect operational control logs.
• Implement internal audit and security procedures and controls.
• Maintain a current working knowledge of financial industry rules, regulations and sound methods and practices.
• Identify, investigate and respond to member concerns.
• Lead and coordinate service promotion activities, which include outbound calls, special service days and outside marketing efforts as needed and directed.
• Develop and implement strategies to capitalize on opportunities, highlight the benefit of our products and services over that of our competitor's, and support overall credit union member services, promotions and member satisfaction goals and expectations.
• Manage relationships between the branch and the Member Service Team, Mortgage Lending, Consumer Lending, Online Banking, and Financial Services partners to ensure collaboration in meeting shared company objectives.
• Monitor all internal policy and procedure controls to safeguard the funds and assets of Local 804 Federal Credit Union.
• Provide recommendations, as needed, to more efficiently meet the financial needs of the members visiting the branch.
• Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
• Assist with staffing in other areas within the branch as needed.
• Perform Notary Public services as needed.
• May perform duties of member service representative, teller, or other operational positions on an as needed basis.
• Ensure that the physical maintenance and overall appearance of the branch facility is satisfactorily maintained at all times.
• Completes projects on a timely basis as assigned by management.
• Performs other various duties as assigned
|• College degree in Business Administration, Finance or Human Resources and/or equivalent work experience desired.|
• Minimum of 3-4 years of progressively responsible supervisory experience within a retail environment.
• Knowledge of New York Credit Union Law and Regulations.
• Comfortable with and willingness to learn and master new and emerging banking technologies.
• Knowledge of sound practice of business administration.
• Knowledgeable of electronic banking equipment, video security systems, electronic fund transfer technology, and office automation equipment.
• Flexible employee coaching skills to meet individual employee needs.
• Willingness to work as part of a team.
• Proven ability to meet and/or exceed individual service and production goals.
• Proven ability to inspire and motivate employees to exceed production and service goals.
• Solid knowledge of financial concepts and products and services offered by Local 804 Federal Credit Union.
• Demonstrated positive and sociable demeanor.
All interested, qualified candidates please submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Local 804 Federal Credit Union offers an excellent benefit package to its full-time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.