|Employer:||GPO Federal Credit Union|
New Hartford - Oneida County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Benefits:||Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, 401K Life Insurance, Paid Time Off and more|
|The Way We Work|
- Our organizational mission statement is simple; “Our focus is you!” We work hard to incorporate this philosophy into everything we do, each and every day. We strive to create a positive work environment where team members are respectful of one another’s role and work together to achieve success. Contributing to this positive atmosphere is an important part of every position at GPO and is the responsibility of each individual.
Overview of the Role
- The Real Estate Loan Specialist is a supportive position that plays a vital part in GPO’s home lending process, including personal and commercial real estate loans.
- Provide clerical support such as compiling home equity kits; creating folders for new booked loans; mailing letters to members who are tax-delinquent; coordinating other various correspondence including adverse actions and mortgage discharges, home equity recordings, etc. Also, ensure that members obtaining an in-house mortgage receive proper disclosures.
- Monitor and track various reports including insurance cancellations, flood insurance, force-placed policies, tax service reports, home equity introductory rate expirations, home equity 5-year draw reviews, etc.
- Perform system maintenance as needed, such as interest rate adjustments.
- Serve as a department liaison to follow up on outstanding mortgage files with third party lenders.
- Coordinate requests for appraisers, attorneys, title companies, etc. Communicate progress with members in a friendly and professional manner.
- Review daily and update Lifestyle Mortgage rates when needed.
- Coordinate closings with members and ensure the necessary paperwork is prepared in order to ensure an efficient appointment.
- Prepare commercial real estate loan packages for underwriting.
- Order and review all commercial appraisals.
- Prepare pay-offs and discharges as requested.
- Bring positivity and enthusiasm to work every day.
- Be knowledgeable about mortgages, home equities and commercial loans, as well as other credit union products and services.
- Be able to identify various needs of both the members and the department and take the initiative to fulfill those needs.
- Be organized, efficient, proficient and professional is all aspects of the position and deliver outstanding member service.
- Be cognizant of deadlines and showcase the ability to meet those deadlines.
- Adapt a work ethic that is aligned with GPO’s mission and keeps our member service at the forefront.
- Hold yourself accountable for the promises you make and the actions you take. Follow up with members as promised.
- Complete training as assigned and continually search for opportunities to enhance one’s ability and knowledge.
- Effectively communicate with fellow employees and supervisors while maintaining a professional and courteous demeanor.
- Protect member information by using discretion when discussing member matters and properly following all policies and procedures related to confidential information.
- Help create a positive image for GPO by playing an active role in the community.
- Determined and motivated individual with a positive attitude.
- Six months to two years of similar or related experience.
- A two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school.
- Notary public
- Proficient in the use of computers, various software programs and calculators.